We got to see our little baby boy today...I guess I shouldn't say little, he's measuring 2 1/2 bigger than he is and he currently weighs 6 pounds and 7 ounces. Not bad for 34 weeks, that's what Braxton weighed at birth, what a difference a womb for one can make! The ultrasound tech commented on his chubby cheeks and abundance of hair. I teared up when I saw these shots, he's just so cute and I love him so much. I'm pretty confident that this our last baby, so I'm treasuring these last few weeks I get to spend with him, just he and I. I know a new infant is hard work, believe me, I KNOW, but I think it'll be different this time, knowing it's our last--I'm sure that's why the youngest children are typically so spoiled!



Our little family is growing soon and I feel like such a loser that I haven't blogged more about this precious baby boy who's about to turn our world up-side-down. I seriously can't wait to meet him. It's crazy to me that we got pregnant so easily that I feel like I didn't work hard enough for him or something. It's like this huge blessing I feel undeserving of--I'm crazy I know! And being pregnant with just one is just so easy...the hard part is taking care of two little ones while being pregnant. I'm rambling, but what I'm trying to say is that it's just so different this time around.
I love Brinkley and Braxton dearly and I'm excited to see how much more a mama's love can grow. As I anticipate his arrival I'm worried about his safety...the kids can be a bit crazy at times, for example, at church one Sunday Brinkley hit me so hard in the head with her sippy cup that I seriously fought back the tears. And a few days ago Brax head-butted Brinkley so bad that it left her with a red/black eye. What would blows like these do to a 3 day old? I NEVER want to find out! Also, I want to make sure there's a balance with Brin and Brax knowing I love them and the new baby equally, I really don't want them to feel abandoned by me. They have been my world for the past 17 months plus the 8 months it's took to bake them and the two years it took prior to that to conceive them. I'm excited to see what a precious new baby will do to our family.
Fun prego stuff:
When this kid is born, I'm going to tell him he's made of nachos and strawberries...seriously. I can't get enough of either one, just not together. And with that said, I haven't gained one pound this entire pregnancy...yes, you read that right, not one pound, at my regular OB appointment on Wednesday, I weighed two pounds less than at my first appointment...how is that possible with a 6 pounder in the oven? Not sure.
He loved to kick me on my upper right side...that's exactly where Brax did his karate chopping too! And I knew exactly when he went head down last week because now he kicks on my upper left side.
I've lifted way too much while being pregnant with him, namely 50 pounds worth of one-year-olds up and down the stairs daily...I'm grateful he's such a trooper.
He's such a mover and a shaker--constantly moving...and if I ever want to feel him move, I swear all I have to do is think about it and he does it. Weird, I know...but maybe we'll always be close like that.
We are having a terrible time naming him, we've agreed on Brady, but who knew a middle name would be so tough too?! The latest winner:
Brady Cameron
(David really came up with his middle name, I just get to veto, that was the deal because I came up with Brady.)
What I do know for sure is that I love him with every ounce of my being and with every bit of my soul. I dream about him and pray for him and seriously can't imagine our little family without him, I know we need him.
8 comments:
What a great looking little man. He is so beautiful and we are so happy for you and for us. Number 13defintely looks like a keeper.
Im glad you are treasuring the fact that he is your last. I wish I would have known. I would have spent less time complaining about being sick, tired and uncomfortable. Im so happy for you guys.
Hey Amanda, I haven't seen you in a million years but I just found your blog and enjoyed catching up on you a little.
I think we have similar stories...took me 8 yrs and 6 IVF's to get my daughter (almost 2 yrs) and then got lucky with our 1st IVF back and are expecting twins in October. I might be cruising back on your blog when I'm dying with two infants! I can't figure out what would be best...2 toddlers and 1 infant or the other way around. Either way, I'm sure you like I feel lucky and blessed to have any at all.
Congrats and good luck with the new little guy!
-Becky Worley Dey
sweet! Brady is the winner! :0) Like it. And seriously, how the heck is it possible that you have not gained weight! That is nuts! Millions of women are jealous. I can't wait for his arrival and to see the little man. Good luck on the home stretch!
Man, those sippy cups are weapons seriously. I have seen them leave a very nasty looking black eye on a grown man after being chucked by a tantrum throwing 18 month old. I am very excited for you! I am thinking this new baby will seem like a breeze since last time there were two, now if we could only make the other two easy......Good Luck these last few weeks!
Love the name Brady! You are such good parents! I'm sure all will go well and all 3 will feel equally loved and adored!
Such a sweet post. I can't wait to see him too!!! Little Natalie has been such a blessing in my life I hope she knows how much I love her. Keep up the good work - you make cute and healthy babies!!!
your kids are so cute! You're so pretty...you're hubby is so handsome...and you made two "beautiful" kids!!!!!
I saw Jeremy and Eliza's children ..... and thought that
Riley looks like Brittany,
Brooke looks like you,
Jacob looks like Jason,
And Morgan??? I'm not sure yet...honestly, I could've put her as an Oakley!!!
well, xoxoxoxo
I hope you're doing well!
love and miss you much!!!!
Becky Oakley
Post a Comment